Nail Fungus Treatment in Houston, TX
Are you suffering unsightly nails or other conditions on your feet and ankles? Rest assured - you are not alone. Now, you can be safely, gently and effectively treated with laser light by the Aerolase LightPod lasers.
Onychomycosis, or nail fungus, is an infection of the toenail in which the nail changes color, thickness and quality. In addition of causing an unhealthy appearance, it can cause pain and difficulty walking.
Fungal infections of the nail are frequent, yet, hard to be treated. These infections change the color thickness and the quality of the nail making it look odd and infectious. For a healthy person, this could be a source of infection. Anyhow, these infections can be treated safely and effectively using lasers. It is believed that using laser treatments to cure nail infections is a more effective way than using topical and oral medications. Most individuals have been able to get clear of these nail infections after 3-4 sessions of laser treatments.
These lasers penetrate into the nail bed emitting the energy, and the nail bed is heated. The affected area needs significant heating in order to destroy the infection. This can only be performed by a powerful laser and using deep-heating technology. The LightPod aerolase offers the ideal strength for such laser therapies. After the treatment, patients are able to resume their daily activities as normal.
Alma lasers provide same effective treatment using clinically proven lasers and light based solutions. The treatment targets the infection beneath the nail plate and effectively clears the nail fungus within a few short treatment sessions.
Results are of course not immediate and require several sessions with another 3-12 months for the re-growth of a new nail. A set of preventive care measures will be given to be conducted within and after the course of treatment. Please contact us if you wish to treat your infected nails. We provide the best care at our clinic.
- Apply an antifungal cream for 2 weeks following the procedure;
- Always spray inside the shoes at the end of the day with an antifungal spray and avoid wearing the shoes for 2 days or use Steri-Shoe ultraviolet shoe sanitizers;
- After 2 weeks, spray the feet or fingers with anti-fungal spray on an ongoing basis;
- Change the sheets the 1st night after each treatment;
- Cleanse the floor of the shower before next use with a cleanser that includes bleach;
- Cleanse all nail instruments with bleach before using them again;
- Throw out any nail polish previously used on the nails;
- Exercise caution in public areas like hotel rooms and public showers.
Nail Fungus Treatment Houston - Need information about types of Toenail Fungus Treatments or you are ready to schedule a consultation?