IV Ozone therapy has shown numerous health benefits in the past as well as in today’s world. The use of ozone is inevitable in the field of medicine. However, the introduction of intravenous ozone therapy in Houston has helped to achieve the benefits of ozone therapy to its full extent. IV Ozone Therapy is the removal of a small sample of the patient’s blood, diluting it with saline, and enriching it with the addition of ozone. The ozone is produced in an ozone generator from medical-grade oxygen gas, creating O3, which attaches to the red blood cells. Viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi cannot live in this highly oxygenated environment.
- Infections – The infections can be of acute infections as if influenza (flu), common cold, respiratory tract infections or of chronic infections as if Lyme disease, HIV, hepatitis C, herpes virus and so on.
- Viral infections (herpes).
- Special diseases that occur during pregnancy including toxicosis, anaemia and many other diseases.
- Detoxification therapy (Especially to decrease the chemical substances, and other unwanted substances from our body especially during diseases of liver or kidney).
- Prevention of withdrawal symptoms in recovery drug addicts and alcoholics.
- Problems of the digestive tract including gastritis, ulcers and diseases of the large intestine.
- Chronic diseases as if diabetes and its complications, diseases of the heart and the circulatory system, kidney diseases, diseases of brain blood vessels and even hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Rheumatic diseases especially in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Help people with diseases of the eye including problems associated with optic nerve and retina.
- Acne, cellulitis, rosacea and other special dermatological conditions.
- Lupus, psoriasis and other types of diseases due to the hyper function of immune system.
Use of Ozone
- The anti-inflammatory property is achieved by preventing the production of molecules that cause inflammation.
- Anti-allergic property of ozone is through the inhibition of molecules involved in the allergic pathway.
- The antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial property is achieved by killing the microbes and also preventing the spread of these microbes.
- Skin rejuvenating property– This is achieved by enhancing production of collagen & elastin, restoring the water balance, by increasing the skin turgor and also by reducing the severity of pigmented spots in the skin.
- The antioxidant property is achieved by activating special enzymes in our body, which enables the neutralization of free radicals that accumulate in our body.
- Lipolytic or fat dissolving property. This property of IV ozone therapy helps to undergo non-surgical liposuction.
- Immunomodulatory property –This property of ozone therapy helps to control the function of immune system and which is the important reason for its anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic property.
Non-Intravenous Ozone Therapies:
- Ozonated Oils for topical or oral use
- Inhalation therapy for upper respiratory infections
- Rectal insufflation for lower GI problems, or direct absorption through the colon
- Bagging for open wounds in extremities