New Patient – Weight Management Bundle
Getting into a weight loss program is not as tough as it used to be. When you have a healthcare provider at your fingertips, you have an added measure of assurance in your weight-loss effort. This is not a fairytale; this is exactly what Z Med Clinic offers through our telemedicine services.
New Patient Bundle
Patients who are new to Z Med Clinic must start with the initial bundle which includes:
- Lab work to assess the patient for underlying causes that may be contributing to weight gain. We partner with multiple lab companies that have “draw sites” all across the state of Texas, which allows us to provide convenient access to our patients for their blood work.
- Scale and Blood Pressure Monitor; These devices are bluetooth enabled, which allows the data gathered to be uploaded to an app on your smart phone and automatically forwarded into your chart in our electronic medical record system.
- 3 monthly TeleVisits with our Providers, who will provide you with personalized nutritional and exercise counseling, and may prescribe medications to assist with weight loss.
If you are a new patient and are interested in enrolling in the program, you should follow these seven easy and simple steps:
- Visit https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm and enter your weight and height to check your BMI (Body Mass Index). If your BMI is 30 or more and you live anywhere in Texas, you can enroll in our weight loss program.
- Next, complete the new patient intake form, and, together with the scans or photos of your driver’s license or government-issued identification, to [email protected]
(Do not worry if you have no scanner to get the printed material scanned. Simply download the DocScan app for free, and scan them using your smartphone. This will allow you to scan the pages using the camera on your phone and convert the images into a PDF file that can be sent to the e-mail address above.)
- Download the “Healow” app from the App Store or Google Play Store.. This app will allow you to schedule appointments, send and receive messages with the clinic, view lab results, and see a Healthcare Provider with TeleVisit. You will receive your username and password to log in to the Healow app within 48 hours from the time you submit the forms in Step 2.
- Complete your purchase of the New Patient Weight Management Bundle
- Once you sign up, we will ship iHealth devices to your doorstep. The iHealth scale and blood pressure monitor will allow us to keep track of your weight loss and progress. Through the embedded electronic health record system in these devices, we will be able to view how you improve.
- You are all set to get started! Once you have completed the above steps, you will receive a call or email to confirm your location, so that we can find out what the nearest labs for you. Once a site has been chosen, we will send the lab orders that same day, and you may then visit the lab site at your convenience to have your blood drawn.
- Schedule your first TeleVisit by sending a request via the Healow app, or by calling us at 1-833-ZMED-4-TX (1-833-963-3489)