Are you worried about the extra pounds you are carrying? Are you seeking a way to get rid of them? If so, you are at the right place. Z Med Clinic now provides a telemedicine weight loss program— an easy, hassle-free process to achieve a healthy weight. Z Med Clinic’s medical professionals will guide you through. No more standing in line or waiting for appointments, with a simple online process you can apply for Z Med Clinic’s Telemedicine Weight Loss Program.
If you are a new patient and are interested in enrolling in the program, you should follow these seven easy and simple steps:
- Visit https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm and enter your weight and height to check your BMI (Body Mass Index). If your BMI is 30 or more and you live anywhere in Texas, you can enroll in our weight loss program.
- Next, fill in the consent forms and email them, together with the scans or photos of your driver’s license or government-issued identification, to [email protected] or Upload them in the appointment form.
(Do not worry if you have no scanner to get the printed material scanned. Simply download the DocScan app for free, and scan them using your smartphone. This will allow you to scan the pages using the camera on your phone and convert the images into a PDF file that can be sent to the e-mail address above.)
- Do not forget to download the “Healow” app from the App Store or Google Play Store.. This app will allow you to schedule appointments, send and receive messages with the clinic, view lab results, and see a Healthcare Provider with TeleVisit. You will receive your username and password to log in to the Healow app within 48 hours from the time you submit the forms in Step 2.
- Now you can choose a weight management package of your choice. Once you have decided on the package, you may call the clinic at 713-541-6988 to purchase by phone. or Click Here to pay online
- Once you sign up, we will ship iHealth devices to your doorsteps. The iHealth scale and blood pressure monitor will allow us to keep track on your weight loss and progress. Through the embedded electronic health record system in these devices, we will be able to view how you improve.
*(Instructions on how to set up these items will be included in the box. After completing the set-up of your new iHealth devices, please open the Healow app and select the button “Trackers.” From here, you can choose the two iHealth devices you have. received, and can follow the prompts to complete their set up within the Healow app.)
- You are all set to get started! Once you have completed the above steps, you will receive a call or email to confirm your location, so that we can find out what the nearest labs for you. Once a site has been chosen, we will send the lab orders that same day, and you may then visit the lab site at your convenience to have your blood drawn.
- Schedule your first TeleVisit by sending a request via the Healow app, or by calling us at 713-541-6988.
(Make sure you check in 15-30 minutes before the appointment time. To check, open the Healow app on your phone or tablet, and select “Appointments” from the main screen. You should see your appointment for that day listed with a button for the option to “Start TeleVisit”. Select this button, and you will then be prompted to answer a standard health questionnaire and to enter your most recent vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure, and heart rate). Once these are completed you will be able to enter the TeleVisit and meet with ZMed Clinic’s healthcare provider with a single touch.)